Sunday, January 8, 2012

 This was an eventful day. I had planned out to go hiking today with my friend John. However he did not show up to almost 1 pm complaining of a bad back. So I took him onto the trails at Camp Long, and walked about 2.8 miles. I made sure to double check with my pedometer and It was pretty accurate to the map data. Afterwards my friend John told me we should have gone on a real hike. I had the urge to smack him upside the head.  Fortunately I'm too nice of a guy.

  Feeling a bit cheated, I went on my nightly 4 mile walk. However I walked past Hamilton viewpoint and continued down the hill to Harbor ave  also know as the Alki Trail. because I felt cheated, I kept walking past Saltys all the way to the West Seattle Bridge. Instead of walking back up Avalon Way I turned and walked back to the way I came. I walked back up California Way  to California Ave. Which actually was far more gentle that I previously thought. Or It might just mean I am finally getting into better shape. Finally by the last 2 miles walked on California Ave my feet, knee, and shoulders were getting tired, mostly it was my feet. Which felt pretty badly abraided. I must figure out a better sock shoe system. Now tallying up the miles via google maps and my pedometer apparently I just walked 8.2 miles without stopping. Adding in my 2.8 miles at Camp ong that makes for an even 11 miles I walked today. Even though i am in  some pain mostly my shoulders and neck, I'm satisfied with my progress. In fact I did not feel out of breath at all not one single time and I am happy to report no lower back pain. This was indeed a good day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment